Abaco is a Tapis web service providing functions-as-a-service (FaaS) to the research computing community. It implements functions using the Actor Model of concurrent computation, so the relevant API name in Tapis is actors.
In Abaco, each actor is associated with a Docker image, and actor containers are executed in response to messages posted to their inbox, which itself is given by a URI exposed over HTTP. Use cases for Abaco actors include moving data, running Tapis apps, interacting with other actors, and interoperating with third-party web services.
The functions documented here help you to discover, inspect, manage, and use Abaco actors.
- add: Register an actor.
- list: List actors
- delete: Delete a specific actor.
- get: Retrieve details about a specific actor.
- update: Retrieve details about a specific actor.
- deleteMessages: Delete messages from an actor
- getMessages: Get the current number of messages for an actor.
- sendBinaryMessage: Send a message to an actor mailbox.
- sendMessage: Send a message to an actor mailbox.
- getState: Get the current state for an actor.
- updateState: Update an actor’s state with a JSON-serializable object.
- getPermissions: Get the current permissions for an actor.
- updatePermissions: Update an actor’s permissions with a new permission for a user.
- addWorker: Add a worker to an actor.
- listWorkers: List the current workers for an actor.
- deleteWorker: Delete a worker.
- getWorker: Get the details about a specific worker for an actor.
- addNonce: Add a nonce to an actor.
- listNonces: List the current nonces for an actor.
- deleteNonce: Delete a nonce.
- getNonce: Get the details about a specific nonce for an actor.
- addAlias: Add an alias of an actor.
- listAliases: List all current aliases
- deleteAlias: Delete an alias.
- getAlias: Get the details of a specific alias.
- listExecutions: Summary data of all actor executions.
- getExecution: Retrieve details about a specific actor execution.
- getOneExecutionResult: Get result for a specific actor execution.
- getExecutionLogs: Get logs for a specific actor execution.